About The CityDepartmentsCalendarsCity ServicesCity OfficesFAQ'sContact Us
Homepage > FAQ's > Questions and Answers
E-mail storyPrint friendly format
Parks & Recreation

Are dogs permitted on the park?
Dogs are not permitted in city parks, with the exception of Glasgow Park, which allows dog's on-leash only.

Can I have a jumper in the park?
Department policy does not permit jumpers in any City park.

Do I need a park permit?
Park permits are required for all gathering of 15 or more persons.  Permits can be obtained at the Memorial Center.  Fees are established based upon the number of persons in your group.

Do you have a lunch program at the Senior Center?
The Senior Center provides lunch at 12 noon: Monday-Friday.  Registration for this program is required.

How can I utilize Dial-A-Ride Services?
The Special Transit Program is open to Hawthorne residents age 60 & over. It provides door-to-door transportation within the designated service area.  Regular fare is .50 for a one-way trip.  Fare tokens are sold at the Memorial Center.

How do I contact the Senior Center or Sports Center?
The Senior Center can be reached at 310 349-1650.  The operating hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.  The Sports Center can be reached at 310 349-1655; their operating hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM & 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Saturdays 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

How do I get my City parkway tree trimmed?
Parkway tree services are provided by the Maintenance Division of the Public Works Department, to request service call 310 349-1664.

How do I obtain a reduced fee MTA Bus Pass?
Reduced fee passes are for Senior Citizens (age 62 & older) and disabled people possessing a valid MTA identification card.  Passes are sold at the Memorial Center from the 25th of the month to the 10th of the following month for $9.00.  Passes are sold to residents only, proof of residency is required.

How do I register for a Recreation Class?
Unless otherwise specified, registration is conducted at the first class meeting with the instructor.

What are the requirements to rent the Memorial or Sports Center?
Rental of the Memorial or Sports Center is by organizations only.  Requests for rental can be downloaded under the facility rental section of the Recreation Department or obtained at the Memorial Center.  All requests to use the above facilities must be in writing.

When or where does the Parks & Recreation - Fine Arts Commission meet?
The Parks & Recreation - Fine Arts Commission meets at City Hall ( City Council Chambers) 1st Tuesday each month @ 6:00 PM.

Show all CategoriesBack
translation powered by
Copyright © 2000 - 2014 The City of Hawthorne, CAPowered byCivica Software